We’ve talked about gifting, but we haven't ventured into gifting through darkposted ads.
People are scrambling for last-minute holiday gifts which means intent is sky-high. If you haven't explored darkposting gifting creative for your brand, now's the time to jump on the bandwagon.
Here’s what you need to know:
- A dark post is a targeted ad that appears in the news feeds of only a selected set of users and nowhere else (aka the post doesn’t show when you visit the creator/posters page).
- Content is run through a creator’s handle as if they’d posted it themselves, but the post does not live on their feeds or profiles.
- Dark posting allows you to capitalize on the social proof the creator’s handle and profile offers, run multiple ad iterations, and test different audiences with different copy, etc.
The Pilothouse Meta and Studios team collabed to create this UGC style ad that was darkposted on a staff account.
What does this mean? You can should darkpost on your business account too!
It doesn't matter how big or small your audience is (aka. you don’t need to be an influencer). What’s important is that your audience gets this message from a third-party.
Not sure darkposting on a non-influencers account works? Here's the stats that prove otherwise:
- Prospecting - darkposted from an individual's account: 11 ROAS (last 7 days)
- Retargeting - darkposted from an individual's account: 5 ROAS (last 7 days)
The proof is in the ROAS. 🤷♀️ The Pilothouse Meta team has lots more tricks up their sleeves, but test this one for yourself to get started!